Highland Church of Christ Weekly Bulletin
WEEK OF SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2020
Order of Worship
- For the next 2 Sundays, today and November 29, our indoor, in-person worship is temporarily suspended due to rising COVID cases in Abilene. Our blended worship livestream begins at 10am, and our outside worship expression, Highland at the Park, begins at 9 am in Festival Gardens at Nelson Park. (In case of rain, we will not meet at the park. Watch your email for updates if we are experiencing inclement weather.)
- To access the livestream go to youtube.com/highlandabilene. You can also visit our Facebook page.
- Online Bible classes are available each Sunday morning. For today’s class offerings, check the Highland website, www.highlandchurch.org, for a link to access classes.
- This Wednesday
- Freedom Fellowship will meet for worship at 6:30pm and share a meal outside or grab one to go. Masks encouraged, and social distancing will be practiced.
- Grace Fellowship will not meet for worship for this week. Their worship and grab and go meals will resume on Wednesday, December 2. Masks encouraged, and social distancing will be practiced.
- We won’t be meeting at the Prayer Wall this week due to the Thanksgiving holiday, but we will resume on Wednesday, December 2, live at 6:30 p.m. on Highland’s Facebook page.
Adult Class Offerings
John: We Would See Jesus
This class series is a study of Jesus’ ministry in John 1-11 and runs from through December 13. It’s produced in a video format for your viewing convenience.
11/22 - Brad East - https://youtu.be/29zyFCkO044
PRAYERS OF THE PEOPLE AND HIGHLAND CARES MINISTRY
The weeks of social and physical distancing have made life challenging for many of us. Our elders and ministers know there are many physical, emotional and spiritual needs among our members, and the Highland Cares Ministry offers numerous options if you need help or want to volunteer to help. Go to www.highlandchurch.org/connect for more information. Our Share the Joy fund is also available to assist Highland families in financial need. For questions about Share the Joy funds, contact Dickie Porche,
Highland Counseling Center -
The Highland Counseling Center is available for individual, couple and family therapy through a HIPAA approved, confidential online platform. During this time of social distancing, loss, limited resources and decreasing energy outlets, you may find yourself needing extra help. We are still here to serve you. Please visit our website, http://highlandchurch.org/counseling, to learn more about our services, check out our online resource list and to meet our counselors. Call 325-201-3030 with questions and help setting up an appointment.
HIGHLAND FOOD PANTRY
At Highland, we believe in generously sharing God’s love and peace.
Our recent drive-by Sack Sunday food offering was a great success, and we thank you for your generosity. There is still time to bring your pantry items and donate to the Christmas Store.
Bring your donations to the Highland Food Pantry, 701 Walnut, during the following hours:
Monday - 9:30am-noon, 1-2 pm
Thursday - 9:30am-noon, 6-7pm
Friday - 9:30am-noon
You can also leave your donations at the Highland office, 9am-noon, and 1-5 pm Monday-Thursday.
Donation boxes for the Christmas Store will be located in the Highland atrium throughout November.
The Highland Food Pantry is an important part of our ministry in the Abilene community by providing food for our neighbors during this uncertain time. COVID-19 has changed how the pantry operates, and curbside service has been the method we’ve used during the past 30 weeks.
If you are interested in serving as a volunteer at the Pantry, work shifts are available. Click on the link below to sign up for a time.
RESTORE THE WORLD
Restore the World Partners
For information and updates about our Restore the World partners and initiatives, check out the Highland website. Please join us in praying for these vital ministries in Brazil, Myanmar, Thailand and Lebanon.
Your generous giving throughout the uncertainties of COVID-19 has been an encouragement and blessing to our church and to our ministry partners in Abilene and throughout the world. Thank you for your faithfulness.
NOVEMBER 15 CONTRIBUTION - $31,476.68
WEEKLY GOAL - $45,500.00
45 WEEK AVERAGE - $39,788.92