Restore the World Overview
Highland’s global ministries revolve around partnering with God in four initiatives, with a vision of making a substantial and long-lasting impact in four contexts.
- Restoring the World by Welcoming the Homeless in Brazil
- Highland partners with Crescimento Limpo in Itu, Brazil in the work of welcoming the homeless
- Highland supports missionaries, Antenor and Phyllis Goncalves, and the work of the Itu Church of Christ
- Restoring the World by Combating Trafficking in Southeast Asia
- Highland partners with Urban Light and Eden Ministries, two organizations that work to prevent sex-trafficking so prevelant in the area
- Highland supports missionaries, Ryan and Ning Binkley, and their work with the Chung Doi Church of Christ in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Restoring the World by Making Peace in the Muslim-Majority World
- Highland partners with the Arab Baptist Theological Seminary in Lebanon, supporting the Institute of Middle East Studies (IMES), particularly the initiative called “Khebz W Meleh” (Bread and Salt) Peacebuilding initiative.
- Restoring the World by Restoring Highland
- Highland will work to develop avenues through which its members can use their gifts and talents for the sake of God’s mission in the world and be transformed more fully into the image of Christ
Response to Events in Myanmar
We invite you to join God’s work of restoration in Myanmar by responding to a request from Soren and Lisa Samuelson, our ministry partners who lead Eden Ministries. The recent military coup has put great strain on the people of Myanmar, resulting in loss of jobs and increased food insecurity.
Please prayerfully consider making a financial contribution to help feed the many hungry people who do not know how they are going to survive.
Until the end of February, you can give online or by check by designating “Eden” on the memo line.In addition to the donations received, Highland will give $5,000 from budgeted funds. Our ministry partnerships in Southeast Asia are making a difference in the lives of many people. Thank you for considering how you can be part of this important work.
- For the poor in our communities with no savings that always suffer in these situations.
- Pray that we can increase the food distribution from our 9 centers into the most suffering areas.
- Pray God lead us through our home visits to reach those isolated families that is starving; with food medicine and prayers- Our Staff do 300 home visits weekly
- For the Gospel preached to the poor – more the 200 baptized many are whole families
We have now : 10 services – 25 cell groups – Please pray for revival in the Slum
- Pray for the Protection of all the Eden girls now more than 40 girls in Eden’s care. The girls have lots of PTSD triggers., and are re experiencing trauma.
For the Nation
( To understand history and oppression. we recommend to see “the Lady” movie)
- That the people Unite, There have been 50 years of civil war and division in Myanmar.
- Free political 150 Prisoners including Aung san suu Kyi and all her government ministers including the Chief minister of Yangon.
- That there are Safe demonstrations the army have a history of opening fire at any demonstration
- Full destruction of the demonic Junta regime., that have oppressed the people for 60 years “ we don’t fight flesh and blood but …
- Prayers for our Family. That we are able to stand with the people through this time. That the army does not drive all foreigners out like before.
That we are not arrested because of our connections to Aung San Su Kyi and the Chief minister of Yangon.
Highland Partners respond during COVID-19
Highland joins the whole world in grieving the loss caused by the COVID-19 global pandemic and yet we are thankful for the ways our Restore the World partners shine light in the midst of this darkness. We find unity across the world in facing the realities of the pandemic and this time reminds us we are always unified in doing kingdom work to join God in the restoration of all things.
Following are updates from our global partners, particularly with regard to how they are providing humanitarian aid during the pandemic.